In the sphere of battery and efficient energy use for electric vehicles, Segway Inc. is a force to reckon with. The company has made a lot of contributions in the areas of motors, microprocessors controllers and Segway battery such as Lithium ion battery packs.
These battery packs are characterized by superb performance, lasting duration, easy daily use and adaptation to varied temperature.
Below are vital information on safety guidelines and essential tips to enjoy a lasting battery life and performance.
When you purchase Segway Battery packs, ensure that you read and follow all the guidelines written on them.
- To avoid altering the battery life, charge for at least 12 hours before use.
- Do not accept or use battery pack if the casing is broken.
- Do not get close to the battery pack if it releases liquid substances
- Do not leave them where you kids and pets could have access to them. Any exposure to the battery voltage is risky.
- To save yourself and anyone from electric injury and household hazards, ensure that your Segway PT is disconnected from AC Power before removing or installing battery packs and any other services.
- Keep them off flammable materials.
- Do not pierce the battery packs or try to open the casing. The cells within contain toxic elements that could cause fire outbreaks when exposed.
- Do not patronize unapproved charging devices.
- Keep your battery packs out of water area. And do not try to wash them.
- Ensure that they are replaced in pairs. They have come in pairs because it only functions effectively as such.
- Keep each pair labeled for easy identification.
- To remove the battery packs, follow the guides given below carefully; rest the Segway PT onto its side so that the outer side is lying on a clean surface.
- Use only the 3mm hex wrench to remove the fasteners
- Pull the battery packs straight off chassis
How To install Segway Battery:
Unplug your Segway from AC power supply.
Let the battery packs rest on the chassis with curved edge facing the outer of chassis.
Pull and remove the fastener and hold it tight with the 3mm hex wrench.
Pull Segway Battery from the Chassis.
To tighten the fastener, begin from the middle then to the outside and to the other sides.
Do not employ a power tool to tighten fasteners.
Charge for at least 12 hours or after every 12 hours of use.
Ensure that your battery packs are within the given charging temperature.
Maintain a dry charging surface at all time.
Plug one end of the power cord into the charging port and the other to an AC port within the range of 100v to 240v; 50Hz to 60Hz.
Battery packs discharge easily. To avoid permanent damage, charge them when not in use. There is no cause to worry about excess charging.
Meanwhile, you have to keep note of charge indicators. Segway PT comes with charging indicators that notify you when battery packs are charging or not. The green LED indicates a receipt of the pulse of voltage. When the pulse rate is slow, charging is slow; when the pulse rate is fast, charging is fast while the solid green is an indication of the maximum rate of charging.
Thus, check for green lights to confirm that batteries are charging. If there is a charging error, a bright red will illuminate. When either or both charge indicator is red or does not illuminate, the problem is from the batteries.
However, if there is no light indicator at all, check if the AC power is present and ensure that the power cord is well placed in the charging port.
If the AC power is present and well placed, unplug them while the battery packs should be unfastened and reseated again.
Please ensure that you dispose of properly. Segway PT battery packs can be recycled. Adhere to the local environmental regulations when recycling or disposing of. Do not place in fire.